November 5, 2014

30 Day Nail Art Challenge - Day 5

Hey everyone!  So today's theme was blue... blue... blue... I actually don't have an actual blue polish, just about 100 different shades of turquoise.  Just kidding.  Only 6 different shades of turquoise :)  Anyway, here's what I did...


I basically took two shades of my six shades of turquoise (:D) and blocked them out with each other.  If you look at it with the light righting, it kind of creates the effect of a shadow or highlight on one side, depending how you look at it.  I actually did this a while back except I added turquoise sparkles on top at the end.  I didn't do that this time because since I do my nails everyday, I have to take off the previous days polish and sparkles are a pain to get off :)  Anyway, tutorial is below!


First, paint you nails with a base coat of your lighter color.  You can do this with 2 different shades of any color you like, or even with 2 completely different colors!


When the base coat is completely dry, (you may have to do several coats of it) use 5 pieces of tape (total) to tape off and cover up half of each nail.  *Your nails should look like the picture above when done*  Then, taking your darker shade of turquoise, or whatever color you're using, paint over the uncovered half of your nail, also shown in the picture above.


When the darker color is at least partially dry, slowly pull off the tape and show off your color blocked nails!

Come back tomorrow for day 6 - purple!  (and also my BIRTHDAY!!! :D)

No comments:

Post a Comment