November 13, 2014

30 Day Nail Art Challenge - Day 13

Day 13.  Animal Print.  I stared at the theme for today on the list for almost 10 minutes, trying to decide what animal print to do.  I mentally went through all the animal prints that I could paint, zebra, cheetah, giraffe, elephant (which is actually really easy and looks pretty cool), and other wild animals.  Oh, and snake.  But I couldn't decide.  Finally thought, I decided on...


Cheetah!  I really liked how this turned out!  It is actually really easy and took me about 10 minutes, including drying time.  The tutorial is below!


First, paint a gold base.  Mine covered really well so I only did 1 coat.


Next, paint a tan stripe/line down you nail somewhere.  I did mine more towards the center, but it really doesn't matter.  They don't have to be perfectly straight at all, you could even do a diagonal!  We are just adding this kind of as a highlight, you might say.


After the tan is dry, use the gold again to go back over the tan stripe in some places.  I don't know if you can see very well in this picture, but I just wiped most the paint off my brush then did a few diagonal swipes partly across the tan stripe, alternating sides and staggering them apart on the way down.  I fit about 2 on each nail.


After that, I just used a toothpick, the tip of a nail will work also, to freehand little black circles, lines, dots whatever all over my nail, to create the cheetah spots.  You can really do whatever you want on this step...


Do the previous step on all your nails, as shown above.


Ta-da!  Like I said before, I was really pleased with how this turned out!  Check back tomorrow for day 14 - flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment