November 2, 2015

Vacation 2015 - Revised

     Hello, my friends!  As you read this, I'm sitting on an airplane, over the ocean - coming back from Europe! in my dining room about to fall asleep from lack of sleep :)  We left TYS (Knoxville) the afternoon of Oct. 11 and flew to PHL (Philadelphia) and then headed to VCE (Venice, Italy).  I was gone for 3 weeks (well, 22 days) and had the fabulous opportunity to visit Italy, Turkey, Greece, and Malta.  The cruise line cancelled the Israel ports because of riots over there so we did not get to go as planned :( 

**I did not have internet at all while gone and will now have major jet-lag so photos will have to wait a couple days - I hope to have the first day or so up by Nov. 6** 
    
     The first 5 days (Oct 12-16) were a land tour in Italy, during which we visited Venice, Florence, Pisa, and Rome.  Then we departed from Civitavecchia (Italy) and spent the next 15 days (Oct 17-31) on the cruise ship.  Now we are traveling home :( 
    
     While on the cruise ship we stopped in at Naples and Pompeii (Italy), Catania* (Sicily), Chania * (Crete),  Ephesus (Turkey), Mykonos, Athens, Corinth, Santorini*, and Rhodes (Greece), and Valetta* (Malta), an island.  It was so, SO exciting and I can't wait to share my photos!  I will also most likely have some travel journal entries to share along with the photos.  Currently, I've only written through day 4.  I kinda slacked off after that... but in my defense, I was really busy! :) ;P

*This is the port name.  Not the city where we actually spent the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment