November 11, 2014

30 Day Nail Art Challenge - Day 11

Day 11!  We're now starting section 2/3 of the 30 Day Nail Challenge... patterns!  


Today's pattern was polka dots so, in honor of Veteran's Day, I used red, white, and blue to create a polka-dot-pattern.  Tutorial below!


First, paint a base coat of blue polish.  Typically I would have used white as a base but since my blue was really light (I haven't gotten a darker blue yet) I used it so that everything else would show up.


Next, use a nail (a bobby pin or straight pin will work as well) to put 1 or 2 dots (depending on how long your fingernail is)  in red polish spaced apart as shown above.  I put one dot on the tip and then one more in the center on all but the accent nail.  Not that it makes much difference, but then on the accent nail I switched it around and put one dot at the top and then one in the center.


After the red dots are dry, go back through and do almost the same thing, use your nail to put white dots in between the red dots, as shown above.


There you go!  They made me think a little of snowmen :)  I am wanting to try it again soon with a darker blue and red dots on a white base.  Tomorrows theme:  Stripes!

No comments:

Post a Comment