November 7, 2014

30 Day Nail Art Challenge - Day 7

And here is day 7!  Now we are getting into more complex themes, as todays was... Black n White!


The final product.  I painted a black base on each nail then added the white stripes using tape.  When I took this picture, I was still working on the "cuticle clean up", that's why the edges are a little messy.  Tutorial below.


First, paint a black base on each nail.  Obviously, this should only need one coat, unless you just absolutely want more than one. 


Now, in case you didn't notice, the colors of the center stripes kind of alternated on each nail.  To do this, I just added the tape in different places to create those stripes.  On the pinky, pointer finger, and thumb, I added a thin strip down the middle of each nail, and on the middle and accent nails I placed two pieces of tape forming a thing "gap" in the middle.  Then, I painted the sides of each center piece of tape, and the centers of the two pieces of tape.  So basically just paint the parts NOT covered up by tape :)


And there we go!  Check back tomorrow for the metallic theme!

No comments:

Post a Comment